IEEE Membership at all levels (student, professional, etc.) is centrally managed at www.ieee.org. Signing up as a member of our student branch means signing up to be a member of the largest technical organization in the world. Although our branch is exclusive to UNO students, we are just a handful of the hundreds of thousands of people who share our common interests and goal - advancing technology for humanity.
As a student member, there are numerous resources and opportunities at your fingertips, all for a mere fraction of the cost of a professional membership. The most recent membership dues can be found here along with links to detailed benefits for student members.
Here's the process:
- Register as a student member at www.ieee.org.
- Be sure to select UNO Student Chapter as your affiliated group.
- Our faculty advisor accesses the membership system on a regular basis to retrieve infomation on new members.
- To be sure you are included in branch correspondences immediately, drop us a line with your name and membership number provided in your membership confirmation email so that we can be sure to check the database for your registration.
- Keep your profile updated. The contact information we retain is that which is provided to us through your membership profile at www.ieee.org.
- Get involved -- attend meetings, volunteer for events, and spread the word to your friends and fellow classmates.